Monday, February 28, 2011

SPANISH




What an interesting language. This is the major class that I am taking this semester. What a difficult language to learn. But, as I learn it, I assume that many native spanish speakers think, “English, what a difficult language to learn.” I look at other languages such as Japanese, or even Egyptian, and I think, ‘ Wow!, that would be hard to learn.’

I”m at the point where it seems like I’m learning to talk backwards. For example, rather then saying I like that car, I’m saying the car pleases me. I’ve got alot to learn, but what’s great is that I’ve never dreamed that I’d be so passionate about learning another language. It’s alot of fun.

This last weekend, our family has still been sick, and we have such a wonderful neighbor to have brought us soup. I’m so lucky to have her in my life. She is a wonderful friend, and confidant. She has 2 beautiful little girls named Sadie and Lydia that my children love to play with. She is also so wonderful as to help by watching them on one of the days I go to school.

Here is a picture of all of them doing a teddy bear dance:


Well, I get to go pick my daughter up from preshool.

1 comment:

Greg and Susan Stroud said...

That is so cute! The Teddy Bear Dance.

Saying the car pleases me reminds me of the Count of Monte Cristo and how they express themselves in the movie!

Keep moving forward ;) you are doing great !