Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Saint Patricks Day




The holiday is tomorrow I know, but today in Preschool Addy's teacher celebrated it. She told the kids that Leprachauns can be sneaky . So, I guess the kids left the room, during their little recess, and then Mrs Kristi, ( Excuse me, the leprachaun :) ) went into the schoolroom and turned all the pictures upside down, and he left a note saying that he couldn't find his shoes, but if they could find them he would leave gold in them.

Well, I guess that Addy and first upon hearing that a Leprachaun came, was scared and wouldn't enter the room- and then since they came she wouldn't leave the teachers side. When I went to go pick her up, she had a mixture of emotions, one of them was the fear of a little green man, coming to mess up your place, but the other emotions was excitment about him coming, leaving gold and them finding his shoes.

So, our Original plan was to do an activity with the Leprachaun coming to our home tonight while the kids were sleeping, but now I'm unsure if I should do it. If she would be more excited or afraid. Any ideas on how to make the Leprachaun seem less scary?

But some of the cute things the kids ( I carpool Addy and another boy named Gabe) said were:

We were in the car on the way home, and we were talking about how Leprachauns leave places messy. And she said, (all on her own) - "That's why our house is always a mess mom! Leprachauns do it, then leave" -HAHA! I thought that was quite clever.

The other thing that was said between the two kids was, Addy said:

"I'm Scared of Leprachauns"

Then Gabe replied:

"I'll protect you Addy"

Isn't that the cutest? I love these kids, they are adorable.

A22On another topic- This week, we got a bunkbed! Coleman finally got to sleep in a big boy bed. We got him a set of Toys sheets and comforter, and Addy got new Tinkerbelle sheets/ blanket. It's so far gone very well, on the training him to stay in bed. He so far has been sleeping in the bed for two nights, and one nap and all three times, he went down no problem. He hasn't yet gotten up and out of bed, given his new found freedom. I'm so proud of him.

Addy loves her bunk bed, I just asked her what she likes about it and she said " Uh, the top thing" Hehe


Here are some pictures.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

cute! i love the things the kids said!